Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

cannot boot up

• Please log in to reply

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
I have a sony vaio with xp pro on it and out of nowhere it just stopped booting up one day. It shows the sony screen right away and then it says
For Realtek rtl8139(a/b/c)/rtl8130 pci fast ethernet controller v2.11 (001205)
pxe-e61: Media test failure, check cable
pxe-m0f: exiting pxe rom.

and it just keeps doing that over and over, and there's no way i can get around it. the xp setup disk doesn't do anything. Is there anything i can do to try and fix this problem, or at least find out what is causing it. <_<

Advertisements

ditto

ditto

- i pwn n00bs -

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,260 posts
hey jonnyrotten,

It looks like a BIOS problem, however i am not familiar with resetting BIOS or changing the entries. I feel as though you should disable the PXE entry in your BIOS. One of the other staff members will be here to help shortly.

Welcome to the site,

ditto

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Looks like a Network Interface Card error. Is your NIC external (i.e. PCMIA slot), or integral?

u.n.i

u.n.i

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
hello,

i am experiencing the exact same problem.

PCI FAST ETHERNET CONTROLLER V2.11 MEDIA TEST FAILURE, CHECK CABLE

that is what is shown on my screen and it repeats over and over. i just put my computer together and this is the first time i've turned it on. this is my first computer i've built and i feel a little lost. i've followed the directions in the mainboard's instruction manual. if someone could PLEASE help me, that would be great. i'm just a little frustrated <_<