Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

ActiveX

• Please log in to reply

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
When I click on the link that you have sent me. It says:

Security Alert
Your current security settings do not allow this file to be downloaded

I don't mind all the questions...

When I try and open hotmail...all i get is a blank page....i tried re-downloading msn messenger, but i get a blank page too same with yahoo...

read from you laterz

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Hmm, let me go check on my buddy's Win2k machine at his work and get back at ya hopefully tomorrow on this one sound good?

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I guess I can be patient for one more day....lol I am just kidding. Yeah, that sounds good. thank you so much for all your help JR...you don't mind me caling you JR do you???
Well, while I wait for your reply I think I will just go and relax and watch some T.V or do some reading and go to bed it's already midnight.
read from you laterz

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Would cookies have to do with it also??? I tried checking a different e-mail from NativeWeb and this is what I got.

For security purposes, your session will expire after 2 hours of complete inactivity.

Cookies are required. If you have configured your Internet browser to reject cookies, you will not be able to login into our services. Please reconfigure your browser to accept cookies before trying to log in.

how would I enable cookies????

read from you later

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
What programs do you use for Spyware/Virus protection? Maybe you have something that is disabling downloading, activex, and cookies. I'm about to go fix a computer right now across the island, then I'm going to my buddy's work to give him a Hard Drive I just formatted for him and check his Win2k machine out so I can get more familiar with the IE options for that version. I think it should be the same though. Also post another Hijack This log for me too.

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
For Ad-Aware I use Lavasoft I think & to scan for virus's I use AVG.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.98.2
Scan saved at 11:45:42 PM, on 24/04/2005
Platform: Windows 2000 SP4 (WinNT 5.00.2195)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINNT\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\services.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgamsvr.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgupsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\regsvc.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\MSTask.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\stisvc.exe
C:\WINNT\System32\WBEM\WinMgmt.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\mspmspsv.exe
C:\WINNT\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINNT\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINNT\Mixer.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.nativeweb.org/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://red.clientapp...//www.yahoo.com
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 5.0\Reader\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.ocx
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Synchronization Manager] mobsync.exe /logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [C-Media Mixer] Mixer.exe /startup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NeroFilterCheck] C:\WINNT\system32\NeroCheck.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_CC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgcc.exe /STARTUP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\Grisoft\AVGFRE~1\avgemc.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office\OSA9.EXE
O12 - Plugin for .spop: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\Plugins\NPDocBox.dll
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.download.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://www.hotmail.com
O15 - Trusted Zone: http://*.windowsupdate.com
O16 - DPF: {4F1E5B1A-2A80-42CA-8532-2D05CB959537} (MSN Photo Upload Tool) - http://by104fd.bay10...es/MsnPUpld.cab

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I was just wondering about this:

C:\WINNT\system32\spoolsv.exe

I did a research on "spoolsv.exe" well it says that it's for printers...which I do not have hooked up, I haven't had that hooked up in like a year or so.
Description:
spoolsv.exe is a Microsoft Windows system executable which handles the printing process to your local printers. Note: spoolsv.exe is also a process which is registered as the Backdoor.Ciadoor.B Trojan. This Trojan allows attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately. Please see additional details regarding this process

I see two "svchost.exe" when I ran highJackThis....does there need to be two of them????
ok I have to go to work now...read from you laterz

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Ok, so I checked out Win2k and found in Internet Explorer under "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced" tab there is a list of options with check boxes next to them. Near the bottom there should be SSL and TSL options, 3 of them I think check all those and click ok and close the browser and reopen then try to do again. If there's not those options then please post a screenshot for me.

Open Internet Explorer, click "Tools", "Internet Options", "Advanced" tab and scroll down to the bottom of the list and hold the "alt" key and press the "prt scrn" button while holding the alt key then let go of both of them. Now click start, run and type mspaint and click "Edit" and then click "paste" now you should see a picture of your screen when you pressed "alt + prt scrn" now save that file to your desktop and in your next post click "Add this attachment" underneath the smiley's under where you type and browse to the .bmp file you saved from mspaint. I'll check out what that says. Also tell me in the same order as it appears what options are selected for the first 10 choices under "Tools", "Internet Options", "Security" tab, "Custom" button list. In there is where you should be able to enable downloading files. I think your spoolsv file is legit. You don't need a printer to have that file running, windows turns it on by default.

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
oh yeah, my paint thing...it always says it's out of memory....i dont know why...the kids like to paint on there..but lately they cant cuase it says its out of memory....ill see what i can do....i think i need one whole new computer eh lol....where i got my computer thats where i get it fixed..but the guys got fired....and when i brought it there the first time they took out my "disk cleanup"

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
hope yah didn't forget about me.....
read from yah laterz

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Sounds to me like you need to very carefully follow all the instructions in this thread by Admin. Good luck.

http://www.geekstogo...ws_XP-t138.html

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I am not running Windows XP....I am running Windows 2000

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
So am I suppose to re-install Windows 2000??? I don't know how to re-install the internet if I do that....scary.....
read from you laterz

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
Do you think it would help if I went to "My Computer" and click on "C Drive" than click on "File" than "properties" "Tools" and underneath where it says " Erory - checking " and click on "Check now..."can I check mark the "automatically fixe file system erroes" and "scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors" than scan it???
shall I give it a try???

liloltiredblood

liloltiredblood

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts
I tried repairing my Windows 2000, that did not work. If I re-installed Windows 2000, would I have to re-install the internet as well?