Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

login restart... login restart....

• Please log in to reply

v8vanna

v8vanna

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
:)
Hi there all,
i came home the other day and the family computer was playing up, it came to a black screen and saying unable to boot cause some folder or file is missing, C:\Windows\System. So i put in the family's registered windows xp home edition service pack 2 edition CD, and tried repair it this way, it booted up fine after that and restart once everything was loaded...? i thought this was normal, then i took the CD out of the drive, and i rebooted the computer put in the password and it loaded everything up then rebooted...? so i tried again and again and again, getting to the point where once you put in the password and hit enter or click the button, it keeps restarting, so i tried safe mode and ran, malwarebyte's, anti-malware app, and superantispyware free edition, also done msconfig disable everything and still nothing, also ran chkdsk and nothing, i'm running out of idea's have you guy's got any idea's? :)

Thank you for your time and effort many thanks v8vanna

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
In safe mode:

Right click MY COMPUTER, choose PROPERTIES, choose ADVANCED, choose the SETTINGS button in the Startup And RECOVERY section, and uncheck AUTOMATICALLY RESTART

Now reboot. This should result in the BSOD error...report the STOP ERROR and any parameters.

v8vanna

v8vanna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Thank you for helping me out, i've done whats asked and this is what happened after login,

A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to you computer.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you need.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shawdowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select Advanced Startup options, and then select safe mode.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0x0000000A (0x0A050013, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804ECA37)

Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.
Contact your system administrator or technical support group for further assistance.

There you have it
Thank you
v8vanna

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
so everything works fine in safe mode? no restarts etc? it's probably a driver problem....of course it's difficult to say which driver...

cause some folder or file is missing, C:\Windows\System. So i put in the family's registered windows xp home edition service pack 2 edition CD, and tried repair it this way,

what exactly does that mean?

v8vanna

v8vanna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
It starts fine in safe mode but once in normal mode it keeps restarting??? last time something like this happened was when the computer was overheating due to my sisters mag falling down the back of the computer and covering the fan vent!

When it said something was missing it said i could repair it with the orginal window xp cd so i did that and it went through it's prompt's and it would start up fine and loading everything as soon as everything was loaded it would restart itself??? now it won't get past login!

When it went through the prompts it asked me if i wanted to repair it, cancel update etc...

Also round about the time this happened our phone line where playing up, it was like this 4 about 2 days so i Investigated it last night, i discovered that our 3rd phone, one that's futher away (fax phone) had interference, so i look through it more and found that disconnecting the broadband modem i was able to get a dial tone and reconnected it and no dial tone? what the? so i was wondering if this computer problem couldv'e some how be affecting each other?

To many question, i think i might just open the computer case open and pull components out and put them back into the same place if there's nothing else i can do.

cheers v8vanna

v8vanna

v8vanna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
NOw the phone lines and the broadband modem are working properly and pulled components out and back in and cleaned inside the case up but nothing...!
The only thing that is about 2 go next is the monitor cause is going mental on startup so that's the only thing i can think of i've got a spare monitor to test this theory later so yeah

v8vanna

v8vanna

v8vanna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
still not working help please

is there any programs to scan the computer for any faults?

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Since it works in Safe Mode, do the following:

Step 1

Start > Run, type
msconfig
<enter>

On the general tab, select SELECTIVE START UP then uncheck
load system.ini
load win.ini
load startup services
load startup items

Reboot.
Does the error repeat? If not, continue with the next part. If so, go to STEP 2.

If not, Start > Run, type
msconfig
<enter>

check load startup items
Reboot.
Does the error repeat? If not, continue with the next part. If so, go to STEP 2.

msconfig
<enter>

check load startup services
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load win.ini
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load system.ini
Reboot.

Report back

-------------------------------------

STEP 2

When you find the error, repeating, you have arrived at the group that is causing the problem.

Leave everything as is and go to the tab with the same name as the one you just re-enabled and uncheck everything you find within the tab....reboot.

Does the probelm recur? If not, check one item and reboot, continuing until you discover the offending application/service

Then report back

Step 1

Start > Run, type
msconfig
<enter>

On the general tab, select SELECTIVE START UP then uncheck
load system.ini
load win.ini
load startup services
load startup items
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load startup items
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load startup services
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load win.ini
Reboot.

msconfig
<enter>

check load system.ini
Reboot.

Report back

-------------------------------------

STEP 2

When you find the error, repeating, you have arrived at the group that is causing the problem.

Leave everything as is and go to the tab with the same name as the one you just re-enabled and uncheck everything you find within the tab....reboot.

Does the probelm recur? If not, check one item and reboot, continuing until you discover the offending application/service

Then report back

v8vanna

v8vanna

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Hi there thankz for the help i've done what was asked and this is what happened

I still get the error with everything unchecked, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL then stop error code; 0x0000000a (0x0a050013, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804eca37), i even checked each option one by one and the stop error code changed.
so with either: load startup item
and, Process system.ini where the same code 0x0000000a (0x0a050013, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x804eca37)
With; process win.ini
and, load system services the where the same but different from before 0x0000000a (0x3a004300, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x804eca4d)

Also every time i went back into safe mode and changed these setting for some reason load startup item was checked even tho i un-checked them it also had a darker shaded box as if it was not meant to be turned off???

v8vanna

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Okay, aother possible cause is memory (RAM). RAM is easy to check, if you have 2 or more sticks of it installed.
  • Open the computer case
  • Remove one stick of ram
  • Boot and see if problem occurs
If not the ram you removed is defective. If yes, swap it with the one still in the computer, boot and see what happens.

AgentMES

AgentMES

Banned Spammer

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 227 posts
Were any drivers installed lately or any new hardware installed?

-Agent