Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer messed up :(

• Please log in to reply

mindlessProdigy

mindlessProdigy

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have some kind of trojan or virus. Everything works fine for awhile. I have ran ad-aware and avg numerous times. They dont find anything. I used to have the mcaffe security but my subscription ran out so now i just use it for like eveything but virus (firewall and security stuff). Problem is that computer acts fine for the first few hours. I will come back from work and my virtual memory is low and it has caused certain programs to fail (messengers, utorrent, avg, etc.) I'm at my wits end because i honestly can't leave my computer on for more than a hour or so. I was going to maybe reset it. I can't system restore because whatever is wrong with my computer, it will not let me properly restart it. It just freezes up before fully turning off. If someone could help me, that would be great. If not I guess that I will just have to contact dell to get a recovery disk.

I'm newb and running xp on a dell insp 1501

Advertisements

Mike

Mike

Malware Monger

• Retired Staff
  • 2,745 posts
Hi mindlessprodigy and welcome to GeekstoGo!

I suggest you head over to the malware forums. Read this thread first. Following what is outlined there you will get rid of at least the majority of your malware problems. If the problem still persists post a Hijack this log HERE for the experts to analyze. If it has been 3 days and you haven't received help, post in the waiting room and someone will get to you.

Edited by Suerte, 12 March 2008 - 03:21 AM.