Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Detecting IDE...

• Please log in to reply

jullio

jullio

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi! my computer encountred an error, here is the scenerio:

i opened my pc and then run some applications (excel, word and pinball) when suddenly it hang then the blue screen of death appears. and it says: "a process or thread crucial to system operation has enexpectedly exited or been terminated."
and here is the technical information: ***STOP: 0X000000F4 (0X00000003, 0X8208B020, 0X8208B194, 0X805FA160)
and also it says "beginning dump of physical memory" i restart my computer and then it just display Detecting IDE Drives...

i try different things like clearing my cmos, running chkdsk, running some antivirus, pulling out my hd and rams.

if you know or encountered this kind of error and know how to deal with this please tell me.

THANK YOU!

Edited by jullio, 12 March 2008 - 04:18 AM.

Advertisements

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
First off was something wrong with the computer that you needed to open it for? If not I'd recommend keeping the case closed as much as you can :)

Doing some forum/Google browsing I ended up finding: http://support.micro...kb/330100/en-us

That seems most relevant to your problems but this definitely isn't my forte.