Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hide IP Address

• Please log in to reply

peyote

peyote

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hello,

I was wondering if there are any applications you could recommend that will hide my IP address when im surfing the WWW. I know that its not actually possible to do what im asking as everyone needs a relevant IP and it wont actually fully hide my IP address but I just want a good reliable programme that will "mask" my IP address so I have just that little bit of extra security and peace of mind. I have tried "Hide IP Platinum" which is supposed to be the best and most popular "mask IP tool" but it's useless as the only proxy it will connect to is in china and all text on my browser is either in Cantonese or Mandarin and I can read neither.

Any help would be grateful and many thanks.

* I have up to date firewall and anti-virus so that not an issue.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
Check out the TOR Project

Tor is a software project that helps you defend against traffic analysis, a form of network surveillance that threatens personal freedom and privacy, confidential business activities and relationships, and state security. Tor protects you by bouncing your communications around a distributed network of relays run by volunteers all around the world: it prevents somebody watching your Internet connection from learning what sites you visit, and it prevents the sites you visit from learning your physical location. Tor works with many of your existing applications, including web browsers, instant messaging clients, remote login, and other applications based on the TCP protocol.

or the IronKey USB drive which comes loaded with a secured version of firefox that encrypts your traffic (like a VPN tunnel) then pushes it over a modified version of the TOR network