Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Sapphire 3850 / Asus 775Twins Problem

• Please log in to reply

Rhyse

Rhyse

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi guys, i recently purchased the 3850 and basicially since i did i havent been able to play my pc.

Since installing my PC has just been freezing up on me, i think that was due to the PCU overheating though, so i have done something about that and it seems alright (for now) i also uninstalled and reinstalled windows to make sure it was a hardware issue.
however my card still isnt running right, i have only played stranglehold, but it's not running that smooth...
and it crashed again yesterday, when i was just installing a new windows update, the reason i know its my card and not pcu again is that the screen went all blocky and then frooze before actually shutting down as the monitor went to enrgy saving and turned off

i'm thinking it might be the mother boards compatiblitly....but to be honest i dont know :)

please help

Edited by Rhyse, 13 March 2008 - 08:13 AM.

Advertisements

Rhyse

Rhyse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
PLEASE HELP ???

BlackPandemic

BlackPandemic

• PipPipPip
  • 678 posts
What power supply do you have? Sometimes a lack of power can cause an overheat, as can poor air circulation. If it were a mobo problem I don't think the card would read at all, it's kinda hard to jam a video card into the wrong slot you know :)

Rhyse

Rhyse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
well i was on a 240, but switched when i got the new card to a 570, which should well cover what i have in there. although that said it was producing a lot of heat. so i have now taken it back and im going to pick up a new (hopefully cooler) one today

i can clarify that i def have the card in the right slot, even with my minimal knowledge i managed to find that :)

i've clipped all the cables to one area as well, so the air circ should be ok?

really confused now :)

Edited by Rhyse, 16 March 2008 - 04:51 AM.

Rhyse

Rhyse

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
can anyone surgest anything?