Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Browser Wont Load Pages On My Computer

• Please log in to reply

Katzman85

Katzman85

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi i have Windows XP Pro SP3 running Mozilla Firefox 2

I am having problems with loading web pages. Google goes instantly but every other pages load and load and loads but takes like 20 mins to even get anywhere. I have to keep disconnecting my Connection and reconnecting.

This is just like the topic by Grice in 2005.

BUT the only difference is that i have a wireless router with 2 other computers on the network and they are working fine, they both have firefox as well. One is Windowx XP Home and the other is Windows Vista Pro. It started about 10 days ago, ive run Ad-Aware Pro multiple times and it hasnt found anything, ive run Search & Destroy but found nothing. Ive run winsock fix. Nothing. I have rebooted multiple times and still it loads then loses loaded parts then just stops and gets a connection error. I have checked the connection everything is running fine and no errors, ive cleaned out the DNS and reapplied my IP address.

It is getting really annoying

I am on a T1 Style Cable Router. Im not at the main box my im a subsidiary of it just a room away. It was working perfectly about 10 days ago and them KABOOM! I only added SP3 Yesterday.

Any Help would GREATLY be appreciated.

Advertisements

Will_00

Will_00

• PipPipPip
  • 226 posts
Do you have in connected using an Ethernet cable?

Please go to "Start" "Run" and type in "services.msc" Please post a screenshot of the services here.

Katzman85

Katzman85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
No im not using an ethernet cable.

i cant get photobucket to load right now so ill have to post pix later

Try These Photos
http://viewmorepics....mageID=11760177
http://viewmorepics....mageID=11760182
http://viewmorepics....mageID=11760191
http://viewmorepics....mageID=11760211

Edited by Katzman85, 13 March 2008 - 05:04 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
a couple of things to try ...first try setting up another user account...name it something different than the one you now use....make it a admin account...we can get your data moved over if this solves the problem...

no joy then try this..

TCP/IP stack repair options for use with Windows XP with SP2.

For these commands click on Start.... Run..... type in...CMD ....press enter....to open a command prompt box

Reset WINSOCK entries to installation defaults...type in ... netsh winsock reset catalog .... press ...enter

Reset TCP/IP stack to installation defaults...type in...... netsh int ip reset reset.log ... press ...enter

Katzman85

Katzman85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
User Accounts Never Opens just like System Restore, just a blank white screen with Home Back and Forward Buttons. I will have to try the TCP/IP stack repair.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

User Accounts Never Opens just like System Restore, just a blank white screen with Home Back and Forward Buttons.

you will have to do a repair on your system...instructions are here...

Katzman85

Katzman85

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
thanks i will have to try that and will let you know about the followup.

Edited by Katzman85, 13 March 2008 - 07:08 PM.