Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Xp wont reinstall sp2

• Please log in to reply

1bigray

1bigray

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Ok, heres the deal

I had sp2 on my comp and accidentally uninstalled it. Now I cant get it to reinstall, It will get the to portion that says "running processes for installation" or something similar to that and then it seems to freeze. I have left it attempting to install for more than 8 hours on a few occasions and I know it shouldnt take that long. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertisements

1bigray

1bigray

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
Bump,

Anyone feel like offering a helping hand or a solution?

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
The comp should be clean prior to SP2 install and also defragged. You might also want to run chkdsk on the drive prior to the install.
Run your scanners, run chkdsk (right click the drive and select properties), run defrag.

Let us know

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
malware can cause problems so you should make sure your system is clean before attempting to install SP 2

Learn what to expect about the installation process and find out what to do before installing SP2. Get step-by-step directions to help prevent problems and install SP2 successfully.get the info here..
FYI ...don't bump your thread or make several posts in a row because the people that can help think someone is already helping you and then they won't even look at your thread

Edited by happyrck, 17 March 2008 - 02:51 PM.