Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

GeekU + MWRU

• Please log in to reply

jmw3

jmw3

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 32 posts
Not sure if this is the right place for this, as I'm very new to this site, so mods feel free to move.

I'm currently studying malware removal at MWRU University. I've been there about a month now & find it to be an excellent institution, great staff & teachers etc. i think I'm doing alright but only time will tell

I've also heard that the GeekU is a good place to study. My question is, is it worth while studying at two unis? Is there things I'm going to learn here that I wont learn at MWRU & vica versa or is the training basically the same for all unis? I'm just thinking along the lines of a broader learning experience.

So what do you reckon? Is it worth signing up for two unis??

:)

Edited by jmw3, 12 March 2008 - 08:50 PM.

Advertisements

Ltangelic

Ltangelic

Angel Annihilator of Malware

• Retired Staff
  • 2,008 posts
I believe each malware university has different approaches to teaching, and the teachers at each uni have different expectations. It doesn't hurt to learn at multiple universities, as I'm sure you will learn different ways of dealing with a log and replying to a victim.

It's still up to you if you want to join multiple universities, it's important though that you keep up with the expectations at both training grounds and not let one slip when concentrating on the other. It's not going to be easy, and not many people can adapt well to such changes, but it's worth a try.

Good luck, and wish you all the best in your training at MWRU. :)

PS. If you ever decide to join GeekU, I'm happy to welcome you as well.

LT

Edited by Ltangelic, 13 March 2008 - 03:47 AM.

reconman

reconman

• PipPipPip
  • 406 posts
OldTimer would probably be the best person to answer this question. I have no idea how he survived four different schools at the same time...

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

It doesn't hurt to learn at multiple universities

Actually, this is incorrect. None of the various schools allow or encourage people to train in more than one place at a time any longer. We would rather you focus on training at ONE place, and finish. Once you have 'graduated' your program, you are welcome to do further training at other sites, that may offer things your original site did not.

There are many reasons for this... the main one being 'burnout'.

I hope this clears up your question. :)

jmw3

jmw3

Visiting Staff

• Topic Starter
  • Visiting Consultant
  • 32 posts
Thanks Kat

It was a question I was curious about & I was wondering if anyone was actually doing it & how they were handling it.

You make a good point about burnout, as the training is pretty intense.

I'll consider the matter closed.

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
You're quite welcome. If you're still interested once you finish your other training, do feel free to come talk to either myself or ScHwErV. Each of the schools approach things a bit differently, and offer different things. So to that end, it never hurts to get additional training. I know I trained both at SWI and here. :)