Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Saveing Game before I wipe System

• Please log in to reply

muaythai2

muaythai2

• PipPip
  • 29 posts
I want to wipe my harddrive , reinstall windows and delete my program files . Is there any way I can save my games , so that when I reinstall them I can start where I left ? Are there save files that I can move over to my other Harddrive , or burn to disc ?

Edited by muaythai2, 12 March 2008 - 11:29 PM.

Advertisements

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts
What is the game or games that you want to save? Some games do not let you but most do. Like I just had to reinstall Bioshock the other day and I found a saved games folder in a different location under "my documents". You can probibly to a quick seach on Google and find out where the saved games are specificy saved to.

Let me know how everything turns out.

muaythai2

muaythai2

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
Oblivion , Crysis , and GTA San Andreas . All 3 games have files left in the documents folder . Oblivion and crysis with save files .

copying and putting those files back in my documents folder after a wipe will keep my game saves ?

jackflash1991

jackflash1991

• PipPipPip
  • 610 posts

copying and putting those files back in my documents folder after a wipe will keep my game saves ?

It should.