Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

micro sd loves to transform

• Please log in to reply

Canus

Canus

• PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
ok well folks i need your help again. I bought this micro sd card and when its not formatted it says its a 2gb card, but then as soon as i format it turns into a 1 gig card for some reason, im so lost

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I think it is a problem with the USB drivers. I have a bunch of 2 gig Sandisk SD cards that the computers i have wont read, but when i leave the card in the camera and hook the camera to a USB port, i have no problems reading the pictures on the card. I cannot find any new drivers for the USB so i just leave it at that. The same thing goes for my micro 2 gig card in my cell phone. It works in the cell phone but the computer does not see it.

SRX660

Canus

Canus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
so then what should i do, because i cant put anything on it untill its formated but if its formatted via comp it turns into 1gb and if its formated via phone i cant use

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
You have not said what you are using this card for. If it is just for use in the phone, why not leave if formatted by the phone. If you need it for other purposes i would take the card back and trade it for 2-1 gig micro cards or even 2 regular S/D cards. You probably won't have the problems then. I have not been able to find any kind of fix for my similar problem as of yet.

SRX660

Canus

Canus

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts
my mistakes, i am using it for phone purposes. it is a kingmax 2gb micro sd. I can format it in an older phone but cant in the new one that i wish to use, because it needs to be formatted via computer, i have taken it back already but the same problem