Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Then > Now

• Please log in to reply

Catnip1337

Catnip1337

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
When I joined people got better help. Now when I post I never get helped. I have to post in the waiting room. What happened to the first time I was here? Today I posted in the waiting room, but it got denied. 13th - 10th = 3 days. Instead of helping me he used his energy to type out a lame response. I guess it's my fault that I posted it a few hours too early... It isn't like I would have had help in that time. All I'm saying is that this site has went from helpful to not so helpful. Don't get me wrong, your advice is great. It's just that I see less important topics get replies before mine which isn't fair; especially if I posted first. But those are just my thoughts.

Advertisements

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
The topic you are referring to was posted on Mar 11 2008

Today is Mar 13 2008

13 - 11 = 2

The rules are there for a reason. If everybody followed the rules exactly it would help us a lot and make things faster. That is not the case though.

Catnip1337

Catnip1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Posted Image
I beg to differ that it was posted on the 11th...

Rorschach112

Rorschach112

Ralphie

• Retired Staff
  • 47,710 posts
Says on my screen it was posted on the 11th, doesn't really matter since you have already admitted that

I guess it's my fault that I posted it a few hours too early...

Rules are rules.

If you are so concerned about getting help then you shouldn't let your numerous topics go inactive

http://www.geekstogo...er-t186598.html
http://www.geekstogo...og-t154475.html
http://www.geekstogo...re-t143472.html

Maybe if you had followed up to all those threads until a helper told you that you were clean, then there would be no need to come back to the malware removal forum

Catnip1337

Catnip1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Says on my screen it was posted on the 11th, doesn't really matter since you have already admitted that

I guess it's my fault that I posted it a few hours too early...

Rules are rules.

If you are so concerned about getting help then you shouldn't let your numerous topics go inactive

http://www.geekstogo...er-t186598.html
http://www.geekstogo...og-t154475.html
http://www.geekstogo...re-t143472.html

Maybe if you had followed up to all those threads until a helper told you that you were clean, then there would be no need to come back to the malware removal forum

That quote was sarcasm. This forum didn't have the [/sarcasm] tags.
Look at the links, they are old. I was helped. And did you really have to bring up my very first topic posted in 2006? That topic was the good one that I was really helped with.

Edit: Just noticed the first person who helped me is now banned. Maybe thats why this forum hasn't been so good is because they are banning the helpful people? Just a thought.

Edited by Catnip1337, 13 March 2008 - 04:45 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you want instant service...there are sites online that you can pay for and they will focus on your problem until its fixed...I do the same thing and connect to your computer and fix it while you watch...the difference is I charge $30.00 per hour ...

Catnip1337

Catnip1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

you want instant service...there are sites online that you can pay for and they will focus on your problem until its fixed...I do the same thing and connect to your computer and fix it while you watch...the difference is I charge $30.00 per hour ...

I never said instant service, I'm willing to wait some amount of time.

harrythook

harrythook

Trusted Helper

• Retired Staff
  • 2,618 posts

Edit: Just noticed the first person who helped me is now banned. Maybe thats why this forum hasn't been so good is because they are banning the helpful people? Just a thought.

If we banned all the helpful people, where would the help come from?
Just a thought, I think there has been close to a quarter million people helped here. Some are not happy with the free help they get, but most of the people go away happy. As a repeat user don't question our policies or the help you get, just be thankful someone might answer your call for help.

Tomorrow I finish a week that includes 55 hours at my real job, about 12 hours of travel time, baseball practice, time at the barn so my daughter can ride, a funeral (my Aunt), time dealing with a leaking roof on top of the time I spend here trying to help people like you.

It is really frustrating when people complain that they are not helped fast enough :)

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
You are misreading what Rorschach112 is saying. When we go to help someone and notice that they have many posts, we go to see their history. In looking at your history we can see that you came for help, got that help, but never finished with the process. Not a thank you, not an "I'm clear so you can close this", nothing. So the fact that you have been helped multiple times, by multiple people and could not be bothered to come back and thank the person who helped you will probably not sit well with the people who look at your most recent request for help.

You get what you give. You, sir, give nothing. You are not part of the community, you do not offer to help anyone else, and you do not even have the decency to thank the people who help you or even complete the work that they are trying to do with you. On top of that you come in here and complain about the speed of replies and make assumptions about the inner workings of this site and decisions made by the management of this site. You are not doing yourself any favors.

Lets look at it this way. You go to a restaurant every week. Each time you go to that restaurant you leave without tipping your waitress. After a few weeks, the waitress staff are on to you and they probably argue about who has to serve you this time knowing that they will receive nothing from you for their work. Now, after a few months of this activity, you decide that you need to go and complain about the cooking. This is basically what you have done here.

One other note. Rorschach112 is probably in a different time zone than you are, which is why his shows that you posted your request on the 12th, because when you posted, it was still the 12th for him. Regardless of what time it shows in your screenshot.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
We rarely will respond with reasons for banning members, but since this is a former staff member I think the reason is relevant. He was banned because the help being offered was not up to our standards of quality. We tried to work with him to improve, but he refused. Giving us no choice but to ban him to prevent poor advice from causing harm. We chose quality over quantity of replies. As someone that receives help here, I hope you would appreciate that we're looking out for you by monitoring the help offered, and keeping the quality high.

edit: deleted a couple of posts... no need to pile on.

Catnip1337

Catnip1337

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts
Well sorry if I gave people the wrong idea. I would reply to everyone, but I wont quote. Basically, the topics I didn't reply back too are because I fixed it. Just like all of you (like one of the guys above me) said, I'm busy and sometimes forget. But I try to thank them for their help. But I'm being helped now by someone. Also, what I said about banning all the helpful people, it was sarcasm.

Edit: To be more positive, kahdah just got done helping me. He did a good job and made me like this forum better.

Edited by Catnip1337, 15 March 2008 - 03:37 PM.