Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Laptop LCD as External Monitor for ANOTHER laptop

• Please log in to reply

persianprez

persianprez

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hello all! I have a broken laptop (toshiba a105) but the screen is in mint condition. I also have an hp pavilion dv6000 running on vista. I just want to use my toshiba a105 screen as an external monitor for the pavilion. I have already disconnected the lcd from the a105. The lcd serial is LTN154X3-L06

These are the pics for the a105 screen:
Posted Image Posted Image

The available ports on the pavilion are vga and expansion port 3.

THANKS IN ADVANCE! :)

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
I have been asked this question at least 200 times. You can do it but unless you are very into making your own custom electronics, don't bother. If this was easy there would be dozens of kits for sale on Ebay to do this. Anyway, hers what someone says works on the instructables website.

http://www.instructa...to-2nd-Monitor/

Are you the one that asks the same question on Yahoo?

http://answers.yahoo...13192005AAcVI0E

SRX660

persianprez

persianprez

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
yea haha, ok well i have another proposal...so if i cant do this without spending tons of money, i have taken apart my ipod see, and i wondering if i could attach this 15.4 inch screen to it. its an ipod mini. 4gb. the lcd on it was connected by a ribbon. i know it seems crazy, but who doesnt want an ipod MEGA!? lol, seems like a fun project.... :)

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Well if you could figure out the wiring and if the Ipod has enough power to fire it up , you may be the only person with a "instructibles" on how to do that. i love reading instructibles. They have let me make a wall mount 15 inch photo collage viewer out of a few of my old dead laptops. I am constantly looking there for ideas.

SRX660