Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

"must read before..." what if I have Vista?

• Please log in to reply

Blinkers

Blinkers

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I have Windows Vista and the directions in "you must read before...." seem to be directed towards older versions of Windows. Are there newer versions of the programs I need to download, or different ones?

A little background into my lap top problems:
1. I can't run Ad-Aware, because once the scan gets to a certain point it tells me some type of error has occured and that Ad-Aware will now 'gracefully' terminate or end or shutdown or something to a similar end.
2. I can't shutdown or restart. I can go so far as to click on the shutdown or restart buttons and it will close down everything, then it will get to the screen saying something along the lines of "now shutting down windows" and it will just stop there and go no further. Eventually I have to turn off the machine with the button and when I go to start it back up again there is a black screen with options such as: start windows in safe-mode, start windows normally, and something else which I cannot remember.

There are other little things, but those are the two most important that I am aware of.

Thanks

Advertisements