Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Critical error when loading Harry Potter game

• Please log in to reply

rileswede

rileswede

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
Hi

Recently bought a Harry Potter game for my 4 year old son. Installed it, played it for a couple of weeks - no problem.

Tried loading it yesterday and got this Critical Error message after a few minutes:

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1797 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: ATI MOBILITY RADEON 9600/9700 Series (6648)

ReadFile failed: Count=0 Length=6195 Error=Datafel (CRC-fel, Cyclic Redundancy Check)

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- TArray<< <- TLazyArray::Load <- 0 <- FSoundData::Load <- TLazyArray<< <- USound::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Sound SoundEffects.Magic.glacius_turn_short01 330752==330752/49282767 329903 7052) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class hgame.hgame NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitGameInfo <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

(by the way "fel" as in "datafel" means error)

What is wrong?

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling - the install went smoothly, but the game still wouldn't load.

My son is fuming...

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
it sounds like that you need to perform a check disk and a defrag on your hard drive.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315265

If you have any questions, please let me know.

rileswede

rileswede

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks!

rileswede

rileswede

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
Thanks, I did the check disk, which the computer certainly seemed to need (it took over 4 hours).

I then defragged my C-drive, and also repaired and defragged the register using Uniblue RegistryBooster 2.

The game still doesn't work, though. The new Critical Error reads:

No Label

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 1806 MHz with 511MB RAM
Video: No Video

ReadFile failed: Count=0 BufferCount=1024 Error=Datafel (CRC-fel, Cyclic Redundancy Check)

History: ULinkerLoad::Serialize <- FString<< <- FNameEntry<< <- LoadNames <- ULinkerLoad::ULinkerLoad <- UObject::GetPackageLinker <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Core.Class Engine.GameEngine NULL) <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine

What's going on?

Could the Uniblue thing be to blame?

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
which harry potter game?

rileswede

rileswede

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
The prisoner of Azkaban

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,591 posts
sorry for the delay. I had a thought about this, but after attending a conference all week I don't remember. Should have wrote it down. Give me a day or so to get caught up. I should be able to go back through my searches and find that info again.

-starjax

mashafasha5

mashafasha5

• Pip
  • 1 posts
This is Exactly what happened to me! Can anyone help? This is the problem that i get when I try to play.

No Label

CPU: AuthenticAMD Unknown processor @ 2095 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: No Video

Mover HP3_COMC.Mover13: Offset mismatch: 6276 0

History: SerializeStack <- UObject::Serialize <- (Mover HP3_COMC.Mover13) <- AActor::Serialize <- LoadObject <- (Mover HP3_COMC.Mover13 2361450==2361450/2465601 2361434 105) <- ULinkerLoad::Preload <- PreLoadObjects <- UObject::EndLoad <- UObject::StaticLoadObject <- (Engine.Level None.MyLevel HP3_COMC) <- LoadLevel <- UGameEngine::LoadMap <- LocalMapURL <- UGameEngine::Browse <- ServerTravel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop