Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Outllok 2003 - Autocomplete problem

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
When using Outlook 2003 to write/send email the autocomplete (of name/email addresses form my contacts) doesn't happen.
I've recently got a new PC and moved my profile from the old PC to the new one. Everything moved into Outlook i.e. all emails and addresses are there (in the contacts section) but I have to write out, or copy and paste from contacts, the full email adress when starting a new email.

I have the "suggest names while completing..." box checked etc in advanced email options.
I've seen some solutions on-line that suggest deleting the ".NK2" file or changing it's name etc. I'm not familiar with this procedure and not sure if it will wipe out all the addresses I have in Outlook at present.

Any suggestions?

Edited by gduffy, 14 March 2008 - 08:16 AM.