Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

hardware problem?

• Please log in to reply

johnykit

johnykit

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
There's a computer. I moved it from one location to the next and I plugged everything and power up the PC and it came on for 3 seconds and turned off. Then whenever I press the power button I get a blinking Red light in the front. Initially I thought the problem was with the Power supply, thus I removed the power supply and put in another one. The computer came on and it was up for a good 5 minutes. Then it went off again and started doing the same thing. I removed the main power source from the motherboard and plugged it back in and I started up again. I a not sure what that is, any help please.???

Any ideas, please?

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
First reseat the memory. The computer will power up into the BIOS until it cannot see any memory, It will then shut down because it can go no further. If it still does the same thing check connections to the hard drives, and video card. After that check to see that the heatsink on the CPU is still a tight fit. It should not move at all.

SRX660

johnykit

johnykit

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

First reseat the memory. The computer will power up into the BIOS until it cannot see any memory, It will then shut down because it can go no further. If it still does the same thing check connections to the hard drives, and video card. After that check to see that the heatsink on the CPU is still a tight fit. It should not move at all.

SRX660

Thanx I had changed the memory and it's been up. However, I'll check first thing when I got home on monday. Thank you any ways, I will tell you of the result!!!