Jump to content

Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Renew routers Username and password

  • Please log in to reply



    New Member

  • Member
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I want to create a website and to publish it i need to forward pot 80, right? If so i need to reset my routers username and password. How?
I would appreciate your help, Thankyou!
PS I am using a speedtouch router

Edited by DannyA, 15 March 2008 - 09:07 AM.

  • 0


Neil Jones

Neil Jones

    Member 5k

  • Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Do a Google for "file transfer protocol" or FTP.
You don't need to alter any ports or anything.
  • 0




  • Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts
Hi, Welcome to the Geeks to Go Forums

When creating a new website, the best way to publish it is upload to a hosting service such as Dreamhost or Go Daddy. If you wish to upload it to one of these services, you will do it via ftp & there is no port forwarding required.

The only time you have to port forward "port 80" is when you wish to host your own server on your computer.

As for FTP software, Try using SmartFTP. It is free and very easy to use.
  • 0

Similar Topics

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

As Featured On:

Microsoft Yahoo BBC MSN PC Magazine Washington Post HP