Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

itunes help please

• Please log in to reply

davelowe

davelowe

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hi new to the site sorry if am in the wroge place my itunes will not log on to the web though itunes stopping me getting the cd info i can log in from google but thats no good to me, the msg i get reads ;- itunes could not log u on to the itunes store, the network connection was refused. make sure ur network settings are correct and ur network conection is active and try again.
i havedone all i can think of please help . dave

Advertisements

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Hi there davelowe, and welcome to Geeks to Go!

I will message one of the forum moderators to move this thread, as it doesn't belong in the "System Building and Upgrading" section! :) But never fear, our moderators do a great job, and this is not a problem.

While I'm here, though, I'll take a stab at your problem:

Seeing as you can use your web browser to access Google, but iTunes is not allowed internet access, I would think that your computer's firewall is disallowing the connection.

I can see you run Windows XP, is that correct? Do you have the SP2 firewall enabled, or are you running a third-party firewall application? What is it? If you are unsure, are you running any type of "Internet Security"?

You would need to allow iTunes access, which would mean creating an exception. Depending on the program you have, I may be able to help you achieve this, if you are unfamiliar with it yourself.

Cheers,

Troy