Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Sound Gone

• Please log in to reply

AzureCuzYeah

AzureCuzYeah

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just got back from vacation and I was informed that my power went out. The only thing I noticed that was wrong was my lack of sound. My sound card is AC97 and I have been playing in the "Sound Effect" software to see if I can get the sound to work again. When I use Jack Sense/UAJ it used to automatically notice what stuff I had plugged in aka my speakers and microphone. When I press start to test it out it notices my microphone but it plays sound when its being tested. After the test the speakers go silent again. I am not sure what else to persure I checked the Device manager for any problems and reinstalled the sound drivers.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
try uninstalling the device, then rebooting first.

I will tell you that the soundcard and modem seem the most likely componants to fail in a power surge, but let's hope for the best

AzureCuzYeah

AzureCuzYeah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
when i tried to unstall the sound drivers and all ac97 stuff it says access denied