Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!

• Please log in to reply

corijane

corijane

• Pip
  • 3 posts
:) I am so glad that I found this site. I was worried that I wouldn't be able to get my computer fixed myself and didn't want to have to pay someone else to do it. I am not a computer "geek" :) so I was like, hmmmm safe mode? never heard of that before - hijacker log? nope, never heard of that either. Well, with the simple instructions provided in the malware forum, I was able to fix the problem. One thing I have to say is that I loooooove the Stopzilla - it picked up 121 other infections that my new Webroot program didn't. I was floored. Needless to say I called Webroot for a full refund. I reinstalled McAfee - not to crazy about that one, either, but it's better than nothing and I had already paid for it. So far so good with everything but don't want to go through it again any time soon. I liken watching a computer scan to watching paint dry!!!

Anyway, thanks again for all the help. I really appreciate it!! You guys rock and if I ever have any other computer problems, I will definitely come here first!! :)

Sincerely,
Cori

Advertisements

loophole

loophole

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 9,798 posts
Glad to hear you got your issues fixed :)

corijane

corijane

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks again. This lowly non-geek bows to the geek gods!! :)

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP

I liken watching a computer scan to watching paint dry!!!

:) I couldn't help but laugh when I read that. Guess what? WE don't like watching them, either. :)

I'm really glad you were able to get everything sorted! Feel free to stick around, and jump in wherever you like. :)

corijane

corijane

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hi Kat, sorry I didn't respond back earlier - we all went to Sea World and got back late last night!! We had such a blast!!! Hey girl, I couldn't help but see that you are in Crawfordsville, IN. My mom grew up in that area and we still have relatives that live there or actually very close to it. When my husband gets back from Iraq in July 2010 we are going to move back to Indiana - our families are in Hammond/Gary/CrownPoint area but we are going to Indy. Miss my Indiana A LOT - well, maybe not the winters so much but ready to leave Fort Hood, Texas - been here too long.

As far as the whole paint drying thing, I stared at this computer for almost three days straight trying to fix it and all I could think was - man, I am sooooo glad I don't do this for a living. :) My hat's off to you all, that's for sure!! PM me if you want. We could talk Indiana stuff and maybe I won't be so homesick. :)

Cori

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Pm on it's way to you :)