Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Multiple Disk Imaging Programs

• Please log in to reply

WestWing

WestWing

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I have been using Terabyte Unlimited's Image for Windows for some time, but the latest upgrade involved a fair additional investment, so I decided to migrate to Acronis True Image. It seems to me I read somewhere that you should not have two imaging programs installed at the same time, even if one is not running. Is this the case? I would prefer to leave IFW installed until I have made a new image with the Acronis program, but I don't want to compromise my system. Can anyone cast any light on this?
Thank you!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You can have as many as you want.
After all, you'll only be able to use one of them at a time :)

Providing you don't end up scheduling both programs to image at the same time or the same bootup, you should be fine.

Edited by Neil Jones, 16 March 2008 - 05:37 PM.

WestWing

WestWing

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Thanks for the reply, Neil; I'm glad to know I can keep both programs available!

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
also assuming that they're not both "live state" imaging programs or set up to do "live state" images...if this is the case you'll end up with alot of missed files because they'll try to lock the files at the same time to copy them and they'll fail