Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

I P Address Hider

• Please log in to reply

oshoshitzu

oshoshitzu

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Has anyone used Enigma I P address hider? If so, what do you think of it?Is it safe to use?

THANKS

Advertisements

peyote

peyote

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
Hi oshoshitzu,

I've never heard of that programme but judging from the sites it can be download from I would say stay away. I have tried many popular programmes to do the same thing like Ghostsurf and Hide ip platinum and they all come with security risks. What your trying to do cannot be techinacally done because if you want to receive data from over the internet you need a relevent IP adddress so if you can still receive data from the internet after installing such a programme, which you will, then your IP is still visable to some groups so whats the point.

If your still feel the need to secure your IP address then http://www.torproject.org/ was recommended and it looks very good.

Facedown98

Facedown98

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,989 posts
Mind if I ask what the intentions of use are?

oshoshitzu

oshoshitzu

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Internet banking security

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts

Internet banking security

Not generally needed, most UK online banking services will cover you if online fraud occurs on your online account,, but failing that if you have branch access then the first £35k is covered under the Banking Code anyway. However you have to be careful because they could turn round and say if you're using third-party software to cover your backside online, then said software may have been the cause of the fraud.