Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

All of screen is not displayed during gameplay

• Please log in to reply

cd216513

cd216513

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi, I need some help with my computer. I recently bought an HDTV that I now use as my monitor for my computer. I adjusted the screen size to the right resolution for the TV, and everything fits perfectly. However, when I play a game, I've noticed that I can't see the far left and far right of the screen, so words are often cut off during dialog. I tried adjusting the screen so that it's shorter horizontally, but I still get problems. The thing that confuses me is that the screen is fine normally, it's just during gameplay that I can't see everything. I'm experiencing this when I play any of the F.E.A.R. games and with The Lost Crown: A Ghost-Hunting Adventure. I use a NVidia e-GeForce 7600 GT graphics card.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Chris

Advertisements

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Just a suggestion, Have you tried playing with any of the aspect ratio settings in the games?

(This may have nothing to do with your problem but just a thought.) :)

cd216513

cd216513

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I looked for that with The Lost Crown, but there were no aspect ratio options available, so there was nothing I could do. I'll try looking with F.E.A.R. when I can. Thanks for your input!