Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

HP Pavilion zv6000 - Start up Problem

• Please log in to reply

Pienaar

Pienaar

• Pip
  • 6 posts
This laptop was send back to HP twice and got it's motherboard replaced twice while it was still under warranty.

While I was busy on the internet the laptop crashed. I restarted and the only reaction I got was the fan came on and some of the blue lights on the keyboard.

What to do?

Advertisements

Gusterv10

Gusterv10

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Oh man, that sounds to me like another motherboard problem. I don't know a lot about laptop hardware but when there is a bad motherboard on a desktop, the fans still spin and the lights still light up but no image on the monitor.. It sounds to me like maybe HP didn't replace the motherboard, maybe they tried to "fix" it. I think this could also be a CPU problem... Is the laptop still under warranty?

Pienaar

Pienaar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No unfortunately it's not. If it's a motherboard problem, it would probably be a better idea to buy a new laptop?

Gusterv10

Gusterv10

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
If it's a motherboard problem, I would advise you to get ready to pay some serious service fee's for getting a new one put in.. Unless of course you learn how to do it yourself. I'm not familiar with model numbers, is that a new laptop? I assume it's over a year old if your warranty is expired.

Pienaar

Pienaar

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks. I think I'm buying a new laptop. Thanks for your help

Gusterv10

Gusterv10

• PipPip
  • 30 posts
Yeah no problem. Just make sure if it has Vista, you're getting atleast 2GB of RAM and some sort of Dual Core CPU... Good luck.