Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't delete Trend Micro Anti-Virus

• Please log in to reply

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
I was given the good advice of having you download DDS and Hijackthis.
Do a scan with both, and copy/paste the logs in a new topic in the malware forum.
Explain that you are trying to remove a 1994 version of trend-micro pc-cillin. (You can do this in the topic)
If you need help with posting the logs please ask me.

Advertisements

CarolynWD

CarolynWD

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I sincerely appreciate all your efforts. Unfortunately I will be away for a few days, and while I certainly will be checking e-mail, I won't be near this computer to try anything else.

Again, thank you for your time.

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
yes, hfcg, that's exactly what I meant. It seems that all along, in a number of steps, the program was not removed properly. The first instance of removal was partial and caused the difficulties that followed. I had the same experience with AVG antivirus. In several cases it got corrupted and became practically impossible to remove or reinstall. I tried every trick and program that I know off, including manual removal from the registry, but to no avail. I just couldn't reinstall or remove the last shreds. Since I planned to remove AVG and replace it with AVAST, and since the remains didn't affect the computer in any way, I left them "dormant" in place and just "forgot" about them (believe me, I didn't. I am still fuming when recalling these incidences).

That's what I suggest in this case. If the part that remains from PC Cillin does not cause problems, then just leave it there. It's annoying, I know, but very practical.