Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bagle mdelk.exe, german.exe, wintem.exe

• Please log in to reply

Nic :o)

Nic :o)

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi,

I've looked everywhere on the internet and tried many things but still cannot find a solution. A colleague has told me how excellent the response and advice is you give

The issue I have is as follows

I notice my laptop was running very slowly, I tried to run Norton to check it but realised it was not running. On trying to restart I received the message not valid Windows32 application.

I uninstalled Norton and purchased Kaspersky and installed but get the same message

I notice I have the following process running WinTems.exe, standard task manager will not kill this so I use APT and killed this.

I have run numerous online scans, BitDefender, KasperSky, Panda, Housecall and tried removing this way

I have the mdelk.exe file in my Windows\system32 folder and can’t remove this

If I run XoftSpySE I get the message

Bagle IX Worm, Registry Key, software\firstrun
Downloader Bagle GI Trojan, Registry Value, software\microsoft\windows\currentversion\run\german.exe

When looking at the registry these do not exist

When I reboot windows I get a pop up appear asking what file I want to crack?

I’m now at a loss and hoping you can help out

Thanks

Nic

Advertisements

david28

david28

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
It seems that you may have some sort of malware :) I have noticed you posted this in the Malware Removal forum, but, there is no HJT log suplied with it. Try posting a HJT log in the Malware Removal forum. (Read this topic before you post the log though.

Regards,
David.

Edited by david28, 17 March 2008 - 04:44 AM.