Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

XP Won't Install on New Hard Drive

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 4 posts
My hard drive recently crashed so I purchased a new one. System was built about 5 years ago. I installed the hardware but when going through the installation of XP Home I can not get passed the Partition/Unpartitioned space. As this is a new HD, there are no partitions on the drive. When I hit enter here (unpartitioned space is highlighted) it does not set up a partition to allow me to format the HD. If I press "c" to create a partition, it does not matter what size I try to create it will not allow me to do it. I have also tried running the installation disk that came with the HD but it gets stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance