Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Setting up wireless connection with Win2000

• Please log in to reply

jayfoto

jayfoto

• Pip
  • 5 posts
My step-daugther recently was given a refurbished Win2000 machine and we want to set it up to connect to our wireless home network.

I installed a Linksys wireless card but Win2000 doesn't see any wireless networks.

I know that wireless is not a default with Win2000. Is there something I need to run for Win2000 to recognize wireless networks?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Need to run the wireless software that came with the card.

jayfoto

jayfoto

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
You are absolutely correct. I downloaded the drivers and installed them but didn't realize there was a little icon in my tray that helped me connect to the wireless network. When I opened my eyes and clicked on it, I was able to connect to my network and all was right with the world.!!!

Thanks for the help.