Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

wireless router not even showing up...!

• Please log in to reply

Hexzar

Hexzar

• PipPip
  • 89 posts
For around 2/3 months my router has been working perfectly with my wireless laptop.

Now all of a sudden, (it has happened twice now) it does not show in the wireless listings on my laptop. I feel like i'm going crazy, as i dont know how this can be possible, the router is like 3m away from me, and it doesn't even show like it's not plugged.

But i've checked everything on the router and it's fine, i even went ahead and connected it using a cable LAN... and it worked fine.

Like for hours, sometimes days it doesn't work... then all of a sudden it works again.

WHAT CAN BE THE REASONS?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
First thing to do in this situation is power cycle the router. Take the power out, leave it 15 seconds, plug it in again and wait for it to stop flashing. This normally solves the problem, a lot of routers tend to start displaying various symptoms after they've been running for a thousand or so hours.