Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

bluetooth headphones on computer

• Please log in to reply

mooseye

mooseye

• PipPip
  • 36 posts
tried the search for this and got many un-connected results so I thought I would just ask.
Does anyone know how to and what steps are necessary to connect and use bluetooth headphones to listen to music from a computer running WindowsXP SP2?
The head phones are Insignia NS/BTHDP
I have a BT dongle, and have gotten as far as getting the headphones to show up in My Bluetooh Places, and it will show as headset connected when clicking on "show services", but I cannot get any music over the phones.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Administrator
  • 26,019 posts
  • MVP
if your bluetooth profile is showing the headphones connected accurately...then you need to go into control panel, and then double click on sounds...then set the headphones as the default output device

mooseye

mooseye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
I have also done that and the only result was that no sound will now come from system speakers.

mooseye

mooseye

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts
This Kensington bluetooth adaptor #33085, has a very bad rep on the net as not working or being very hard to install. I have had it for 2 or more years and it has worked well under windows 98 and XP SP2 after updating the driver from the windows installed driver to the MSI driver included on the cd. This is the first time I tried it with a headset on the computer. It worked flawlessly with my cell phone.

I have now been able to get the headset to connect. At first it would say connecting then connected then connection disabled by device or something like that. After several tries it stayed connected. I pressed several buttons on the headset, so that may have played a part.
I have now gotten it to work with windows media player. Had to go to tools then devices on the media player window and change speakers to bluetooth device.