Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Gateway mx 6446 Docking Station

• Please log in to reply

Kalorn

Kalorn

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Hi im new here and was wondering if any of you could help me with finding a docking station that supplies power and is not just a usb replicator

i am looking for one that can plug into the bottom and supply power thank you in advance

MX6446 Notebook Specifications
Part Number: 1013927RGateway MX6446 Notebook

Feature Description
Processor AMD Turion™ 64 Mobile Technology MK-36
Operates at 2.0 GHz | 512 KB L2 Cache
HyperTransport™ technology at up to 1600 MHz
LCD Screen 15.4-inch Ultrabright™ WXGA TFT (1280 × 800)
Chipset ATI RS485M
Memory 1024 MB 533 MHz DDR2 (2 × 512)
Expandable to 2 GB
Total Slots: 2 DDR2 Slots | Available Slots: 0 DDR2 Slots
Video ATI Radeon® Xpress 1150 Graphics with up to 128 MB of Shared Video Memory
Audio High Definition 2 Channel Audio
Hard Drive 100 GB 4200 RPM PATA hard drive
Optical Drive DVD+/-RW Multi-Format Double Layer (up to 8.5 GB)

Write maximum: 8X DVD +/-R, 6X DVD-RW, 8X DVD+RW, 2X DVD-R DL, 2.4X DVD+R DL, 24X CD-R and 16X CD-RW
Read maximum: 24X CD-R/RW/ROM, 8X DVD-R/RW/ROM, 4X DVD+/-R DL, RAM
Media Reader 4-in-1 Digital Media Manager
Secure Digital (SD), Memory Stick, Memory Stick-Pro, and Multimedia card (MMC)
Modem 56K ITU V.92 ready Fax/Modem
Network Integrated 802.11g Wireless LAN
Integrated 10/100 Ethernet
Interfaces

* 4 - USB 2.0 Ports
* 1 - VGA External Connector
* 1 - S-Video Connector
* 1 - IEEE 1394 port
* 1 - RJ11
* 1 - RJ45
* Microphone In
* Headphone / Audio Out
* 1 - Kensington Lock Slot
* 1 - AC Adapter Connector

Pointing Device Integrated Synaptics Touchpad with Vertical Scroll Zone
PCMCIA 1 - Type I or Type II; Card Bus
Battery 6-cell Lithium-ion
Dimensions 1.31 to 1.40-inches H × 14.09-inches W × 10.39-inches D
Weight 6.32 pounds

Edited by ScHwErV, 24 March 2008 - 07:01 AM.

Advertisements

Kalorn

Kalorn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
bump

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Bumping your thread is the most insulting and despicable thing that you can do on a forum. It implies that you are more important than anyone else and that you deserve to be helped on your schedule, regardless of ours.

Did you, perhaps reconsider your request and look to see if you left out any information? Did you contact Gateway? If so, did you include that information?

Did you look at the forum where you posted and perhaps decide that Tech DISCUSSION was not the right place, and that perhaps you should have posted in the Hardware forum?

Perhaps?

Moved.

Kalorn

Kalorn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Bumping your thread is the most insulting and despicable thing that you can do on a forum. It implies that you are more important than anyone else and that you deserve to be helped on your schedule, regardless of ours.

Did you, perhaps reconsider your request and look to see if you left out any information? Did you contact Gateway? If so, did you include that information?

Did you look at the forum where you posted and perhaps decide that Tech DISCUSSION was not the right place, and that perhaps you should have posted in the Hardware forum?

Perhaps?

Moved.

thank you for moving it to the appropriate area

and to answer your questions above i was not implying that i was better but i have waited patiently for a week or so now and thought that i might refresh that way it may be viewed again instead of forgotten

sorry to have made that mistake

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
Lots of time available to send unhappy PM's to me, but not enough time to read down the rest of the forum?

http://www.geekstogo...-Room-f100.html

You also didn't answer my question about contacting Gateway. Did you talk to someone? Was it a girl? Was she hot? Was she single?

Information, if you want help, you have to give us information. Were not mind-readers.

Kalorn

Kalorn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i have contacted gateway to find that they only offer other brand stations that do not have what i require

it was a girl, dont know if she was hot and it seemed to be a nonresponsive conversation where they only tried to sell me a piece of crap (may have been automated)

ScHwErV

ScHwErV

Member 5k

• Retired Staff
  • 21,285 posts
  • MVP
If Gateway doesn't offer a docking station for your laptop, then no one will. I can find port replicators and usb docks all over the place that are advertised for it, but nothing thats going to do what you want. No 3rd party vendor is going to make a dock specifically for your model of laptop when they can build a generic one that will work on any laptop. Its just business.

With almost all manufacturers, you'll have to buy business class to get a real docking station. I know Dell offers docking stations with some of their Inspiron line, but they offer a docking station with all of their Latitude line. I think they also offer docks with most of the Vostro line now which is a kind of hybrid. Lower cost than the Latitude, but more business class features than the Inspiron.

Kalorn

Kalorn

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
well thank you for your help :)
very much appreciated