Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Help to remove Antispywareupdates.net virus

• Please log in to reply

Sdhanemkula

Sdhanemkula

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Hi

Thank you for your help. Appreciate your followup and keenness in trying to resolve this error.

Panda scan was taking a couple of hours. So I used to start the scan and leave it to complete. By the time I come back after 5 hrs, the system is used to be in sleeping mode. Atlast I was able to get the report from the scan initiated this morning.

Please find here with Panda Active Scan log

Incident Status Location

Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected D:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\SDFix.exe[SDFix\apps\Process.exe]
Potentially unwanted tool:Application/Processor Not disinfected D:\SDFix\SDFix\apps\Process.exe

I could see that .exe's in SD Fix are the ones that were installed as a part of this cleaning mechanisim.
Not sure whether they need to be uninstalled / deleted.

Please advise for the next course of action(s).

Regards,
Sagar

Advertisements

kahdah

kahdah

GeekU Teacher

• Retired Staff
  • 15,822 posts
Looks good.
We will remove what we used and you will be on your way :)

Cleanup::
  • Make sure you have an Internet Connection.
  • Double-click OTMoveIt2.exe to run it. (Vista users, please right click on OTMoveit2.exe and select "Run as an Administrator")
  • Click on the CleanUp! button
  • A list of tool components used in the Cleanup of malware will be downloaded.
  • If your Firewall or Real Time protection attempts to block OtMoveit2 to rech the Internet, please allow the application to do so.
  • Click Yes to begin the Cleanup process and remove these components, including this application.
  • You will be asked to reboot the machine to finish the Cleanup process. If you are asked to reboot the machine choose Yes.
=======================
Delete or uninstall anything else that we used and then:
Then I will need you to reset your System Restore points, please note that you will need to log into your computer with an account which has full administrator access.
You will know if the account has administrator access because you will be able to see the System Restore tab. If the tab is missing, you are logged in under a limited account.

(Windows XP)
1. Turn off System Restore.
Click on *Start
Right-click *My Computer
Click *Properties
Click the *System Restore tab
Check *Turn off System Restore
Click *Apply, and then click *OK.

2. Reboot.

3. Turn ON System Restore.
Click on *Start
Right-click *My Computer
Click *Properties
*UN-Check *Turn off System Restore*
Check *Turn on System Restore
Click *Apply, and then click *OK.

How to Turn On and Turn Off System Restore in Windows XP
http://support.micro...kb;en-us;310405
============================================
After that Your log is clean. :)

To find out more information about how you got infected in the first place and some great guidelines to follow to prevent future infections you can read this article by Tony Klein ->Here

Let me know of any issues you are still having and how it is running ?