Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DealHelper

• Please log in to reply

Hasbro

Hasbro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
For some reason when I installed it, and went to open it so i could run it, all that would pop up was something for me to uninstall it... :tazz:

Advertisements

Hasbro

Hasbro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
If DealHelper isn't really installed then how can the size keep growing and decreasing? :tazz:

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts

If DealHelper isn't really installed then how can the size keep growing and decreasing?

So what you mean is that when you check in Add/Remove Programs, it says different sizes in there? I'm throwing all I can at this thing, I guess I'm going to have to get some backup to check it out for me, just hang in there.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts

If DealHelper isn't really installed then how can the size keep growing and decreasing?

So what you mean is that when you check in Add/Remove Programs, it says different sizes in there? I'm throwing all I can at this thing, I guess I'm going to have to get some backup to check it out for me, just hang in there.

Hasbro

Hasbro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Ok, this should work. Open Hijack This, click the "Config" button on the bottom right of the window. Now click the "Misc Tools" button. Click the "Open Uninstall Manager". There should now be a list of all the programs you have installed. Find "Deal Helper" in the list and click once on it. Now look to the right where it says "uninstall command" and copy and paste that line back here for me (this is for my own curiosity). Now with Deal Helper still highlighted click the "Delete This Entry" button. Now reboot the computer and check it out, it should be gone.

Hasbro

Hasbro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
"C:\WINDOWS\Uninstall.exe" "C:\Program Files\DealHelper.com Inc.\dhuninst.log"

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Thank you. Did it go away? Is there a folder (probably hidden) in C:\Program Files called DealHelper.com Inc.? Make sure you can view hidden files and folders by going to folder options in control panel and clicking the "View" tab. Scroll down and unselect "Do not show Hidden Files and Folders" and go down a little more and uncheck "Hide Protected Operating System files" and answer yes and click ok.

Did Hijack This remove it from the list?

Hasbro

Hasbro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
Thanks Johnny...it worked. :tazz:

Hasbro

Hasbro

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts