Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Full Functioning Legacy Video Card

• Please log in to reply

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
Hello:

I have an old STB Velocity 4400 video card in my PC. It is a 16 Meg AGP X2 card that I've had for many years. The driver assigned to this device is for a 64 Meg NVidia Card of some sort. The card has two output connections: One is the standard connection for a monitor, the other is an S-Video connection for televisions. I remember, while running pre-XP Windows Operating Systems, that I had access to this S-Video port. I could use it as part of a dual monitor setup or as a standalone output source for my PC. The drivers I'm using don't give me any options to enable this output connection. The latest drivers I could find from STB for this video card were from 2001 (very old) and won't work in XP. I'd like to get that S-Video output going again as I need to put some PC stuff on my Television in the near future. Does anyone know of a way to get this feature working? I'm thinking I may have to buy a new video card (what I should have done a long time ago).

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
I suspect that the functionality comes from a third party (stb) utility, rather than a driver. I would think, then, you could install the old windows 2000 driver, then add the detonator driver for the update driver stability and speed.

magusbuckley

magusbuckley

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 626 posts
I don't have the software for this old STB card. The old driver that I found for it online wouldn't work either. I unzipped the files into an STB folder and ran tried to update the driver while pointing to that path. Windws said there was no information in that folder for my device. It isn't crucial that I get this thing on television this upcoming weekend, but it sure would be nice. I may just treat myself to a new card. I'm long overdue one for this system anyway.

Thanks for the help :tazz: