Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

screen flicker/diagonal lines after login

• Please log in to reply

ep3w

ep3w

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
When I boot the computer it boots normally and goes to the login window. I login and the desktop shows up then after 3 seconds or so the screen just turns into all diagonal white/black lines flickers and i cant see or do anything. I can boot into safe mode fine and everything seems to work. Any idea whats causing this? Seems like something that is starting up after login that is causing it, not hardware. Thanks for any help!

Edit: In safe mode the processor/graphics card both seem to be recognized fine in the device manager. Under system devices there is something called Plug and Play BIOS extension that has the little yellow exclamation mark next to it. Could this have something to do with it? I don't want to disable it if I don't know what it is.

Edited by ep3w, 18 March 2008 - 05:58 PM.

Advertisements

ep3w

ep3w

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts
Looks like something got messed up with the graphics driver...should have guessed. Uninstalled and reinstalled and it works fine now. Feel free to delete this.

hfcg

hfcg

The hippie freak computer geek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,496 posts
Thank you for sharing this.
Now if some one has the same problem they can see how to fix it.