Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Port HPZipm12.exe: svchost.exe - Application Error

• Please log in to reply

assassN

assassN

• Pip
  • 2 posts
For the longest I have played SoldierFront on www.ijji.com, and after several months, error messages would pop up at game startup. I have been able to get into the game by changing some firewall settings on both laptop and desktop, but today it occured again after changing the settings. I was thinking it was because I was running to firewalls (windows and mcafee), so I turned one off and it worked, but today it reoccured. The title of the window that pops up says "Port HpZipm12.exe: svchost.exe - Application Error". The actual message in the window says The instruction at "0x00690072" referenced memory at "0x00690072". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program. Click on CANCEL to debug the program. Thanks for this forum and I hope to see a reply soon.

Advertisements

Kniht

Kniht

• PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
HpZipm12.exe has to do with HP Printers. I had so much trouble with it I disabled the service. My HP printer/scanner works fine without it. The service communicates between the printer and the PC. It may be your firewall is blocking this communication.

This article will give you more insite into it's function:

http://searchtasks.a...p?File=HPZipm12