Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems after removing hard drive.

• Please log in to reply

Krystal111

Krystal111

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hello, So im giving this another shot. I waited a few days to try and get a answer on my last post, before I tryed another. Anyways, I've never removed a hard drive or anything, and I took mine out to try another hard drive in mine. Once I put mine back in, turned on my computer a pop-up from a program I have on my computer called "McFee Site Advisor" tells me SiteAdvisor has encountered a problem, and needs to close. And this pops up continiously, where i'm unable to do anything on the computer. Will not let me sign into any site. When I click "to see what the data this error report contains" on the SiteAdvisor pop-up. It tells me the Error Signature first which is
szAppName : SAService.exe szAppVer : 2.6.0.6253
szModName : SAService.exe szModVer : 2.6.0.6253 offset : 000285de

and "This error report includes: information regarding the condition of SiteAdvisor when the problem occurred, the operating system version and computer hardware in use, and the Internet Protocol (IP) address of your computer."

Any help would be VERY appreciated! Because i Have no idea what to do. :)

Take Care everyone!

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
Try to uninstall the program (McAfee site advisor) in safe mode. If not successful click Start > Run. Type msconfig and press Enter. Click startup and look for an entry related to the program. Uncheck and reboot.

Krystal111

Krystal111

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I did trying to uninstall it in safe-mode and it wouldnt let me. The pop up keeps me from doing really anything.
And I did the msconfig, got there but the one for McAfee Site advisor was not checked.. :)

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
I suggest that you post the problem in the malware forum. They deal much more often with cleaning programs that need expert guidance.

please post your topic in the malware forum (a link in my list of programs below). Take all the preliminary steps. After the experts from the malware forum confirm that the computer is clean, and if the problem persists, post back in this forum. It might take some time because they are quite busy there.