Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Destination folder?!

• Please log in to reply

kittiez

kittiez

• PipPip
  • 70 posts
When I start up, the window installer box appears, then it says "preparing to install", then a destination box appears and it says "please wait while Windows configures Destinations". Then it says "the feature you are trying to use is on a CD rom or other removable disk that is not available. Insert destinations disc and click ok".

This all happened after I tried to restore to an earlier time because I went to uninstall a game in program files and it continued deleting things I didn't want it to.

Is it possible to fix this? :)

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts

This all happened after I tried to restore to an earlier time because I went to uninstall a game in program files and it continued deleting things I didn't want it to.

Could you explain this? What do you mean by "it continued deleting things I didn't want it to". Also, how did you uninstall the game. Could you describe the steps you took?

Disconnect your computer from the internet. Click Start > Run. Type msconfig and click Enter. Uncheck everything and reboot. Check the dialog box that shows up during the boot process. Does the message still shows up? If it doesn't start checking your programs back, one or two at a time (start with your antivirus) until the message shows again. When it does, uncheck the suspected item and reboot.

Do not forget to check your antivirus and other protecting programs.