Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Please help... computer is pretty messed up

• Please log in to reply

cky2kendall

cky2kendall

• Pip
  • 1 posts
OK, so something is up with my PC. Here's the specs:

Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3000MHz
Motherboard: ASUS P4C800-EDeluxe Dual DDR400
RAM: 512MB
Video Card: Raedon 9800XT
Harddrive: 150GB
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster Adigy 2 ZS

We got it built a while ago. Now someone tell me why the fuck this is happening. The first one is me about 5 minutes into playing Unreal Tournament, the second is me trying to burn a VCD!

http://img.photobuck...2kendall/ut.jpg
http://img.photobuck...ll/computer.jpg

It's ridiculous, it can barely handle ripping a CD without the screen turning like it is up there.

Does anyone know anyway I can fix my PC?

Advertisements

Retired Tech

Retired Tech

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 20,563 posts
Try Tune Up Trial to see what it shows you, run disc clean up then registry clean up, click optimize then run reg defrag, this takes a few minutes so let it get on with it until it shows results and needs reboot if it can do anything with the registry, click optomize then system optimizer then system advisor.

However much a PC makes you want to say the F word, don't post it where the kids will see it

TuneUp Trial

Edited by Keith, 24 April 2005 - 10:46 AM.