Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Siberia II Graphics Issue

• Please log in to reply

silent_n0va

silent_n0va

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I have an ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 graphics card. The problem is that when I play Siberia II, everything is rendered in these strange color patterns. I can't even see the options to change the video settings because they are colored the same way. I've tried running compatibility mode in every setting combination, but nothing seems to change. Does anyone have an idea what might be wrong? The screenshot is attached to the post. Thanks!siberia_2_bad_texturing.gif

Advertisements

Kelp

Kelp

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Does this only happen when you're playing Siberia II, or does it also affect other games in your computer? If your answer for both is Yes, then you need to update your video card driver. You can find it here.

If it only affects Siberia II, your video card may not have met the specifications needed by the game. Can you post back the system requirements for it? I can't find it on Google. Thanks! :)

silent_n0va

silent_n0va

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
It happens to some extent on other games, too, but usually in bits and pieces. not the entire environment. These are the system specs for the game:

Windows 98, 2000, ME, or XP
Processor : Pentium III 350 MHz
16X CD-ROM device
64Mo RAM
3D video card compatible Direct X8.1, 16Mo
Sound card 100% compatible Direct X 7
400 Mo available on hard drive

Kelp

Kelp

• PipPip
  • 13 posts
Like the textures of some objects in-game are not as good as they used to be, right?

Yep, you need to update your video card.

silent_n0va

silent_n0va

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Also, how do I know which applications to install for my driver update? Some of the programs seem extraneous, such as Hydravision.

silent_n0va

silent_n0va

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Update: I found a chipset update on the Dell support site as I have a Dell machine. I haven't tried Siberia II yet, but it seemed to fix the glitches in my other games, such as Half Life II.

silent_n0va

silent_n0va

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
Yay! The update helped...significantly.

Attached Thumbnails

• siberia_2_screenshot_after_updatesm.jpg

Kelp

Kelp

• PipPip
  • 13 posts