Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

changing the screen resolution?

• Please log in to reply

jtg22

jtg22

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
A few months ago, I received some advice on buying a new gaming laptop. It has taken some time, but my new laptop should be arriving this Friday. The laptop is this model:

http://www.newegg.co...N82E16834220255

I was told that I will need to change the screen resolution if I want to play World of Warcraft on this machine, but I'm not sure what the resolution should be. I am also not 100% sure how to go about doing this and if any other settings would need to be changed. Any advice?

I apologize if these are somewhat silly questions.

thank you

Advertisements

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
You will not need to change the resolution prior to starting the game. The game will start in a default resolution that is typically low for compatability reasons. From there you can change it to your monitors native resolution of 1920x1200. If that is not a game option or you suffer performance issues then 1650x1050 is you next best choice.

The resolution should be under the video or advanced tab in the options menu of the game. I only played WoW for the trial so I couldn't tell you specifically.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

I only played WoW for the trial so I couldn't tell you specifically

Totaly off topic but where and how did you get a trial for WoW?

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
It would have been fall of 2006 when I tried it. It looks like it is still available:http://www.worldofwa...ial/splash.html

Edited by Titan8990, 19 March 2008 - 05:14 PM.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts
Oh I thought that maybe they had a download demo of the game. You have to already own the software. Thanks anyway! :)

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Ah, come to think of it I did pay $10 or something for a 30 day trial. It included the client.

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

Ah, come to think of it I did pay $10 or something for a 30 day trial

That ain't what I call free. :)

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Hehe, no it's not. You had to jog my memory so I could remeber that I actually payed money for the crap game... Thanks a lot! :)

Cold Titanium

Cold Titanium

Trusted Helper

• Malware Removal
  • 1,735 posts

for the crap game

I take it that you didn't really care for WoW. :)

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Personally, I have played a ton of MMOs and they all disappoint me because they not as good as Asheron's Call which is a 10yr old game now...

The one that came the closest for me was Anarchy Online. I couldn't hang with it for a long time because I prefer the classic fantasy games over the futuristic ones.

Edited by Titan8990, 20 March 2008 - 08:46 PM.

Titan8990

Titan8990

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,189 posts
Personally, I have played a ton of MMOs and they all disappoint me because there not as good as Asheron's Call which is a 10yr old game now...

The one that came the closest for me was Anarchy Online. I couldn't hang with it for a long time because I prefer the classic fantasy games over the futuristic ones.