Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitoring Shared Folders

• Please log in to reply

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
I want to monitor the folders for what user adds, creates, deletes, modifies, and moves files around in the shared folder. What would be the easiest way to set that up?

Thanks,

Advertisements

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
Just enable auditing for the appropriate events and on that folder.

jaxisland

jaxisland

Member 1K

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,703 posts
eh, built in windows stuff. I was hopin for a 3rd party app (legally free) that someone has used and works well. Otherwise Ill succumb to Mr Gates' awesome display of programming prowess.

Vaillant

Vaillant

• PipPipPip
  • 495 posts
I doubt anyone will give you a free one...

I agree sometimes using MS tools isnt ideal, but for this purpose I dont see why anyone would take a 3rd party app that is potentially less secure and efficient than the built in system for auditing and security logs you have built in.

That being said, the decision is up to you. But auditing is a very good and complete system.