Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

COD and Battlefield Installation problems

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I apologise if this is a bit long winded but hope someone can solve my problem. Firstly I had Call of Duty, Call of Duty 2 and United Offensive all installed and working properly on the pc. Then I had a virus which was then fixed. However the repair man didn't completely reformat but just wiped a few things off including the virus at the time. No problem there!

However, when I went to reinstall the above, it installed right up to the main page where you've got play game, save, etc and none of the writing showed up. I then contacted the repair man and he said he must have wiped off a programme and it can easily be put back. he was supposed to have called to do it but never showed up, now he's moved away.

I have now bought Battlefield and once again it installs right up to the main page and again the same thing happens.

Any advice on what programme I need to reinstall would be GREATLY appreciated. I'm ok with computers if I get a step by step guide! Could anyone help please?

Thanks in advance

• PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
My guess is that he deleted part of a necessary BF file, and you need that. I would make sure there is no trace of any BF game left on your PC. Go to the Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs, the uninstall your games. Then, navigate to the actual folder where the games installed to, and delete that (if it is there).

Restart your PC. Run an anti-spyware program (some of them remove dead files, such as the ones left behind from your un-installations).

Reinstall your games and (hopefully) enjoy!!