Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Bandwidth

• Please log in to reply

bsking

bsking

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey I was looking into getting mlb.tv and it said the recoomended bandwidth was about 500kbps. I have a computer at my home and at my school, my home registered at about 300kbps and the one at school registered at about 5000kbps. I know my school connection is much faster, but i also know the processor speed of my school computer is much better. I dont know a ton about computers but here is my question. Will bandwidth change between computers? I.E. will my school computer with a 3.2ghz processor have a higher bandwidth than this 2002 hp computer? I figured it wouldnt but it doesnt hurt to ask. Thanks!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Processor speeds are irrelevant to the speed of the internet connection.
A computer made 12 years ago will be perfectly happy just to download at appropriate speeds on an 8Mb connection.
Therefore the specs of your computer will make no difference to the amount of bandwidth available on the internet.