Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WMP=Crash?

• Please log in to reply

Foxxed

Foxxed

• PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
ok so yea i listen to music on my computer all day every day but yesterday it was playing songs and all of a sudden my computer crashes(i just thought i downloaded something i shouldn't have)

But when it goes through the diskscan on boot-up 3 files come up not valid
2 are application Data for Windows/ Media
and the other one is my favorites on firefox Xp

But now when ever i try using WMP my computer stops for about 2 seconds then the blue screen flashes (WAY to fast for me to get the error code) :)

I even restored my computer back to Feb/24 but all that did was stop the windows Error Pop-up
(the report this error) and it takes me to the windows help page with the code Kmode_error_not_handled

Any help is GREATLY appreciated

Edited by Foxxed, 20 March 2008 - 07:08 AM.

Advertisements

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
Running chkdsk on your Windows XP or 2000 system can repair minor Windows problems ...
1. Click the Start button then... Run
2. In the Run window's Open box... type in ... cmd
3. Click OK and an MS-DOS-style black screen will appear in a new window
4. Run chkdsk by typing one of the the following commands where the cursor is blinking...
chkdsk c: /f /r and then press ...ENTER...

typing chkdsk c... /f /r will both fix errors and recover lost data. Running chkdsk with both the /f and /r options can often take a considerable amount of time depending upon the size of your hard drive and the amount of data stored on it

OR
chkdsk c: /f and then press ...ENTER...

Typing chkdsk c: /f will only fix errors that are encountered but its much faster

5. With either command, a message will appear that says...chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? <y/n>"
6. Type y (for "yes") and then press ...ENTER...
7. A message will appear that will say...This volume will be checked the next time the system restarts
8. Type exit and then press ...ENTER...
9. Reboot the computer as you normally would and chkdsk will automatically begin running after your reboot... While chkdsk is running you will see a light blue window with a dark blue band at the top and bottom. Chkdsk will display the specific stage it is checking as well as the percentage of completion of the stage.
You cannot do anything else on your computer while chkdsk is running. When chkdsk is finished, it will automatically reboot your computer.

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Awww i love ya Thank you SOOOOO much

My WMP is now working but when it booted up i still got error 010000e1

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
let's go ahead and make sure all of your system files (including WMP) are in place. With the XP CD in the drive, click on Start > All Programs > Accessories > Command Prompt. Type in sfc /scannow (with a space between sfc and the /) and press Enter. This will start a scan of your system files, replacing bad files with those from the cache (backup) or the CD. So the CD isn't required, but it may not be able to fix everything if you don't have it.
Reboot and try again. Let us know what happens!

Edited by The Admiral, 22 March 2008 - 03:19 PM.

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Said i need to insert my XP home disk :)

Edited by Foxxed, 20 March 2008 - 04:49 PM.

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
you will need to borrow one...OEM or retail versions...NOT restore disks...also needs to be the same flavor of xp

if you have pro...it needs to be pro also

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
OHOHONWN

but do i have to??

i guess i could always have dad bring one home from work :)

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts

My WMP is now working but when it booted up i still got error 010000e1

do you get this error when you boot up or when you launch WMP...

but do i have to??

maybe...maybe not..
you could also just try a different version of media player if thats the one causing the error to pop up
BTW
what does OHOHONWN ..... equal/mean

Edited by happyrck, 21 March 2008 - 11:55 AM.

Foxxed

Foxxed

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts
Just when i boot it up.. and i dont get it again

Umm ohohohnwn (Oh-oh-oh-ownhn)= whining

The Admiral

The Admiral

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 1,067 posts
Next time you reboot, could you either take a screenshot (using the printscreen button) or write down the error message exactly as it appears? I'm not finding anything for "010000e1"... Thanks!
Also, are you still seeing the crash / bluescreen? Let's disable automatic restart so we can see the error message. To do so, click on Start, then right-click My Computer and select Properties. Click on the Advanced tab, then click the third Settings button, the one under Startup and Recovery. Under System Failure, uncheck the box next to Automatically restart. This will stop your computer from restarting after the bluescreen shows. When the bluescreen comes up again, be sure to write down all of the information beginning with TECHNICAL INFORMATION. This will also help us find out what is going on.

Edited by The Admiral, 21 March 2008 - 02:10 PM.