Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Itunes Folders, problems.

• Please log in to reply

redleader74

redleader74

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts
I wasn't sure wher else to post this one so here it goes. I have a Dell XPS laptop running on Windows Vista. I installed Itunes and then copied my entire music library folder from my old computer into this new computer. The name of the folder and path is as follows:

Desktop/Kwong/KCFiles/Itunes

Under this Itunes folder are all of the individual artist/album folders. So far so good. Now I go to open Itunes and of course, none of the songs show up because I have yet to identify where in my computer the library of my songs are stored. So I go to "add folder" under the file menu and specify the above location. Still, no problem, all the songs are added fine.

However, for some reasons, there are two folders that get automatically created once I do this. They are as follows:

Desktop/Kwong/KCFiles/Music/Itunes

and

Desktop/Kwong/Music/Itunes

And under each of these folders are some sample songs and other miscellaneous files that I can't figure out, but not my full library. My full library is still in the first folder I identified above. I'm trying to figure out why these two addtional folders get created every time (I've tried this several times now). When I delete them and then open Itunes again, all the songs are gone and I have to go and do the "add folder" process again as I described above.

Thanks!!
Kwong

Advertisements