Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Posted my hijack in the proper area

• Please log in to reply

winterstouch

winterstouch

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Normally I wouldn't be in any rush, but I am in my last week of classes with 3 major papers due this week. How long does it normally take before I can get help? I'll have to just reformat if it's going to take too long, which I'd rather not do being I have a lot of papers left behind that I need for my classes. If I must, I must though. Let me know as soon as you can, please :)

Winter.

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
It can take up to 3 days before someone gets to you. It really depends on how many problems are posted ahead of yours since they are taken on a first in basis. Did you follow the directions here: http://www.geekstogo...-Log-t2852.html . This removes about 70% of the malware which means you may be able to resolve this yourself, now.

Also, why not backup any important data now, while your waiting then if you feel you have to format and reinstall the data is safe.

winterstouch

winterstouch

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I have gone through the steps at the top and I still get the problem. My concern is, if I end up saving information and use it on a fresh system, I'll probably end up with more problems. I'm already starting to lose the use of my AVG, and now can't even install a new program. It seems to have taken it over. For now, I've at least stopped the braviax.exe from popping up by shutting down a couple programs in my start up. I don't believe this will last for long, though. I'm doing a scan with superantispyware again and it's showing more trojans that I already removed or placed in quarentine. I've never seen anything like this. I can usually figure out how to correct problems on my own but this one I'm stumped.

Thank you for taking the time to reply!

winter.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
I mean save your data, not the entire hard drive.

You said "I have a lot of papers left behind that I need for my classes" so that is the data you save. Basically you save your My Documents folder unless you have your data in other locations.