Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Office 2007

• Please log in to reply

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi all,

Need some help with Office outlook 2007.

when i recive and email that contains an animated "GIF" enclosed, the animation does not work, its just like a still picture.

Can someone tell me were the option is to enable animated gifs on outlook????

Thanks

Peter.

Advertisements

pip22

pip22

Trusted Tech

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,663 posts
There is no such option, since Outlook 2007 doesn't support animated gif playback. What you'll need to do is is 'save' the attachment to 'My Documents' or somewhere, then double-click it. It should then open and play in it's associated application (on my PC that's MS Photo Editor, though I have not tested it with animated graphics, so I'm not claiming it can play them). If that doesn't play them, right-click the gif file you saved and choose "Open with...", then point it to any web-browser (you may have to use "Choose program" at the bottom of the"Open with" menu.

Once you've selected a compatible program to play them, you can enable the option to "Always use this application for this type of file", by ticking the box at the bottom. That will 'set' the association so in future you only need to double-click the saved gif file for that application to launch and play it.

Edited by pip22, 22 March 2008 - 09:13 AM.

patchy_pete

patchy_pete

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 111 posts
Hi pip22,

Thank you very much.

I was going insane trying to figure it out.

Thanks again.

Peter.

:)